Sunday, August 7, 2011

Update: soybeans and corn fields

I realize that I'm going out of order here, but I wanted to update everyone on things.

We are settling into our place in Des Moines.  Finally acquiring some furniture.  It is weird how useful things like tables are.  We get our couch (from Craigslist shopping) tomorrow and we should be mostly set.  I love the area, yesterday we took a bike ride through a state park which is only a couple miles away. We also went to a winery in the country.  We drove through soybean and corn fields to the city of Winterset Iowa.  On our way out we stopped to check out a covered bridge.  By the way, these are THE covered bridges of Madison County.  Apparently the basis of a book and movie. The winery, Covered Bridges Winery, they had a live jazz/blues band and wine tasting.  It was a nice afternoon.

School officially starts tomorrow.  Last week was orientation, I met a few people out of my class of 224 students + more from other programs.  I'm ready to get into the swing of things.  I'm a bit nervous about the studying thing since I have been out of school for 5 years. 

We are still planning to finish blogging the end of the road trip.  We saw some great friends and had a wonderful time, but we just haven't had time to write about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment